On July 6, 2009 my husband and I had our fifth child. She was 8lbs 1 ounce, and seemed to be a very beautiful healthy child. We had, had 3 boys and 1 girl before her so having a second girl seemed to be a blessing.
On July 14, 2009 we woke up and she wasn't breathing. My husband called 911 and the ambulance was there in minutes, trying to revive her unsuccessfully they took her to the hospital. We rushed to get there to find that about two minutes before we arrived they had pronounced her dead. We found out five months later that she had pnemonia and that was the cause of her death. She was eight days old and we wondered how long she had, had it and we didn't have a clue. We where released from the hospital the day she was born she was pronounced healthy.
The months that followed were devastating to the family mentally, physically, and spirtually. The children never experiencing death finally had and with someone they loved very much, had held for the first time, and looked forward to for the nine months prior. I nearly went insane from disbelief, anger, and depression beyond anything I had ever experienced in my life. My husband looked from a different perspective, a better one, that she was safe in the arms of christ who I was quickly feeling overwhelming anger toward. We stopped going to church because I couldn't stomache my sadness and anger toward my personal loss and my daughter cried with me often. For women it seems much harder to accept these things because we are very emotionally attached right from the gate.
My husband and children about three months later where asking if we were going to have another child. Still not knowing what had happened to her I couldn't possibly imagine it. Even got angry with the family for asking such a thing.
About 8 or 9 months later after we found out what had happened I finally realized that if I didn't find hope and come to terms with what had happened my daughter would be lost forever and my life would be gone as well. We started going back to church we listen to joy fm 889 our hometown christan radio station.
Now we have all come to terms with it the only thing left is waiting for our turn to join her so in turn we are now trying to find new ways to cope with that loss by keeping busy, writing blogs seems to be a way to express the way that we feel and let others that feel like this know that they are not alone. Also that there is hope in Jesus Christ to meet our loved ones again and is the salvation of mankind. Thank you for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I have two children, twin boy and girl, and the thought of losing them is unspeakable. I pray God wraps each of you in His endless arms of love.
ReplyDelete